Share/Bookmark

flora, no fauna \01.24\

No comment yet

As has become customary for me already, it was another morning of waking up before 6:00am.  This time it was to catch the earliest shuttle to Reserva Santa Elena for hiking.  I wanted to get there early to ensure a peaceful and solitary ramble with nature.  That's also the reason I chose Santa Elena over Monteverde.  Though nearly equidistant from town, Monteverde is somewhat larger and the more established tourist haven.

After a brief fifteen minute rain shower, I struck out on a hike that traversed two trails and came out to around three hours.  Although I didn't have any luck spotting birds or other forest creatures on my foray, the surroundings had my senses piqued the entire time.  Wind in the trees.  Water in the streams.  Birds calling all around.  That post-rain smell, only heightened by the dense jungle surroundings.

Today was my last day in the hills.  Tomorrow I'll be leaving on a 6:00am bus (surprise, surprise) to take my elevation down a few notches and cart myself to the Pacific coast.  It's almost time to lounge!

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER