Share/Bookmark

splash of pink \03.09\

✪ No comment yet
This is one of those days where the thing that caught my eye may leave you scratching your head.  This is, in fact, a piece of pink duct tape adhered to an asphalt walkway.  There's something about contrasts that makes me stop, contemplate and sometimes take a photo.

I would've opted to represent my day with its true highlight, watching Matt Nathanson swing his hips on stage.  Unfortunately, the couple making a sexual scene in front of me throughout the show served as a bit of a blockade.  Fortunately, I will be returning to the same venue on Sunday for a little musical love from Gavin DeGraw.  I'll working on securing a better vantage point for the purposes of more interesting photos.

It always feels like stepping into a different reality when I spend extended time in any city outside of Chicago.  Even though Grand Rapids is no stranger to me, I still get caught off-guard by how different the environment feels...the architecture, the pace, the social scene.  Perhaps my travel mentality just kicks in every time I leave my bubble now.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER